Guidelines for writing case analysis:
You are the decision-maker and should approach the case from the decision maker’s perspective. Ivey case write-ups follow specific formats. You can use the following framework to structure your work. Please do not include a summary of case facts only. Your work should clearly demonstrate analysis, understanding of the issue(s) and appropriate solutions with reasoning to support them.
All case write-ups should be typed in 12 Font, Times New Roman and should have a cover page with your full name, course name and section, instructor and date, table of contents and page numbers.
- 1. Executive Summary
The section should be 1-2 paragraphs (half page) long at the most. It should highlight the main problem/issue the decision maker is facing, the process of analysis, alternatives and recommendation(s).
- 2. Statement of the problem/opportunity/and objectives
This section should specifically state the issue(s)/problem(s), the decision maker and the reason why the problem(s) arose.
- 3. Analysis of the situation
This section should include:
- relevant background information (industry trend, competition, customer etc.,)
- things to consider when analyzing the situation.
- 4. Identification and evaluation of alternatives; and
What are the alternative solutions and the advantages/disadvantages of each alternative?
- 5. Concluding paragraph with the Decision, course of action and implementation
What should the decision maker do, what is the main course of action.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]