4. In Deliverance from Error, how is the biographical form al-Ghazali uses related to the
arguments he is making? What connections are there between his biographical experience and
the biography of Rabi’a?
you should use these two books on the essay:
al-‘Adawiyya, Rabi’a. Rabi’a: Her Words and Life in ‘Attar’s Memorial of the Friends of God. Trans. Paul Losensky and Michael Sells. New York, NY: Paulist Press, 1996. Print.
al-Ghazali, Abu Hamid Muhammad. Deliverance from Error (al-Munqidh min ad-Dalal). Trans. W. Montgomery Watt. London: George Allen and Unwin, 1951. Print.
1. The paper should be 3-5 pages (about 1200 words)
2. The paper should have a clear argument/thesis.
3. The argument/thesis should be supported by evidence, including references to the texts you
are talking about.
4. Try to address any obvious objections to your argument, if there are any.
5. Remember that your argument should not be something obvious, but something that you need
to persuade people of.
6. It does not matter if your thesis could ultimately be proven wrong. What matters is how well
you express it and support it.
7. If you use any other sources, make sure to cite them properly. You can use any standard
method of citation.
Grading and Evaluation:
Clarity of thesis(CT) – thesis is clearly expressed, prominently stated. 20%
Strength of thesis(ST) – thesis is not something obviously true or false, but something that is
plausible, that can be supported and argued for, and could be true or false. 20%
Organization of paper (O) – it is clear what point each paragraph is making and how it is
connected to the thesis. The paragraphs come in some kind of apparent order that helps the
Support (S) – the points made by the paper clearly support the thesis. 15%
Reference to texts(R) – the paper provides examples from the texts as evidence for the points it
is making and indicates where these examples came from. 15%
Writing style (W) – the paper is clearly written and easy to follow. Grammar and spelling are
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]