This assignment has 3 different parts. Make sure to mention every number of answers.
Answer 2 …………………………
SECTION 1: IMPLEMENT INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT WORKFORCE PLANNING OBJECTIVES
Read the extract found here (attached file) from the article ‘Keys to Best Practice Succession Management’ then answer the questions.
- Identify 10 characteristics of best practice succession planning systems and management that ensure desirable workers are developed and retained.
- How would you identify desirable workers who can be developed and retained to fill key positions that might become vacant within the organisation? You do not have to limit your ideas to those provided in the text. Why do you think your method of identifying desirable workers would be best?
- Select one organisation that you consider to be an employer of choice. Google is an organisation that is widely considered to be an employer of choice. What programs does the organisation implement to ensure the workplace is an employer of choice? You will need to undertake your own research to complete this activity.
- Think about a job that you have held that you voluntarily exited. What were your reasons for leaving the organisation? If you have never left a job, what reasons might you hypothetically leave a job for? What advice would you give the organisation about how it should review its workforce plan against patterns in exiting employees?
- Choose an industry in which there is an under-supply of labour. Summarise the situation in that industry. Explain why there is an under-supply of labour in that industry? What are the effects of the labour trends in this industry on the demand for labour? What can the organisation do to nullify the effects of the labour trends? You will need to carry out your own research to complete this activity.
SECTION 2: MONITOR AND EVALUATE WORKFORCE TRENDS
- What recommendations would you have made in response to global trends or incidents such as the global financial crisis? Why would you have made these recommendations?
Read this article (I have attached) and answer the questions.
- What advantages did government policy on labour demand and supply immigration policies have in this example?
- Choose one current government policy relating to labour demand and supply. This policy should not be the same as one mentioned in the text. Write a one page report outlining how the government policy affects labour demand and supply.
- Identify one reason that an organisation’s workforce plan might need to be changed or amended. What changes would you make to the workforce plan to address the issue? How would you evaluate effectiveness of change processes against agreed objectives?
Part: 2 written answers
1. It is not only an organisation’s internal circumstances that need to be taken into account when conducting workforce planning. Organisations also need to research and review current and predicted external labour supply data, demographic data and economic data. This will help organisations to forecast human resources supply. How might organisations gather current information about labour supply relevant to their specific industry or skill requirements?
2. What is the Skilled Occupation List?
3. What does the term, workplace relations refer to? How can sound workplace relations management assist organisations in maintaining a skilled workforce? You might need to conduct your own research to answer this question.
4. What is labour demand forecasting? What is labour supply analysis?
5. There are a number of methods which can be used to estimate future staffing requirements and determine what actions need to be taken when forecasts suggest that organisations will have a shortage or surplus of employees. Identify and explain three.
Part: 3 Projects
- Minnesota Management and Budget (2005) define workforce planning as:
Workforce planning is the strategic alignment of an organisation’s human capital with its business direction. It is a methodical process of analysing the current workforce, determining future workforce needs, identifying the gap between the present and future, and implementing solutions so the organisation can accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives. As a process, workforce planning includes elements such as strategic planning, workload projections, legislative forecasts, turnover analyses, and budget projections. Workforce planning forecasts the numbers of people and types of skills needed to achieve success by comparing the available workforce with future needs to determine needs that may be unmet (gaps). Workforce planning is a management tool that affects the full life cycle and range of human resources activities including recruitment/ selection, classification and compensation, training and development, performance management, and retention.
Identify and explain at least five important aspects of workforce planning. Make sure you explain how they contribute to the overall process of workforce planning and the success of an organisation. Reference needs to be made to real life examples of the chosen areas of workforce planning.
Your response should be approximately 3500 words and be closely connected to the content in this unit of study and the definition provided by Minnesota Management and Budget. You will need to demonstrate that you understand and know how to apply the knowledge you have acquired from this unit. You will also need to provide evidence that you have completed your own research in relation to this project.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]