Complete one of the following web-based assignments and write a 2-3 page application paper that answers the questions and includes personal examples of insights or experience that directly tie to the concepts/principles discussed. Please write this in essay format (introduction, body, conclusion), double-spaced, one-inch margins, 12 point font. Only choose one of the following for your response.
- Print and take the quiz “How Effective Is Your Relational Communication?” Ask your partner/spouse, family member, or friend to take the quiz also. Hold a discussion with the other person and metacommunicate about your answers and scores. Then, write your essay addressing the following questions at the bottom of the quiz page.
- Where are your similarities and differences?
- In what ways is your relational communication satisfactory and dissatisfactory?
- What are the two most important communication skills that you would like your partner to work on?
- What are the two most important communication skills that your partner would like you to work on?
- What are the two most important communication skills that the two of you should work on together?
Was the metacommunication productive? If so, how—and why?
- Read the section in chapter 5 of your textbook on relational development (Knapp and Vangelisti model), and then read the example dialogue in the relational stages at this site. Think of a romantic or platonic relationship you are no longer involved in. Diagram your relationship using your perceptions of what occurred at each stage and include sample dialogue. Did your relationship proceed through all ten stages? If not, which ones were missing? How much time did you spend at each stage? What insight, if any, did you gain about your relationship through this exercise?
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]