Formal Essay #3 – Exemplification Essay
Combining your own ideas with those from an outside source.
TWO full double-spaced typed pages MINIMUM (not 1-1/2, 1-3/4, etc.). The second page must be a full page. Short papers will be downgraded.
• How to summarize and paraphrase another writer’s work.
• How to avoid a specific type of plagiarism (using another’s words as your own).
• How to express ideas clearly and choose words carefully.
• How to successfully combine first and third person writing.
• How to clearly differentiate between an author’s ideas and your own.
• How to use transitions between sentences, paragraphs, and ideas.
You will CHOOSE ONE of the following readings that you read and discussed in class. Your essay will summarize your chosen reading, then provide three specific reasons why you can relate to that reading. These reasons should be detailed examples from your own experiences and interests.
- “Sex, Lies, and Conversation”
- “I Want a Wife”
- “My Mother Never Worked”
You may bring a detailed outline to class, as well as your Patterns for College Writing. You also may annotate the essay in your Patterns text. However, you cannot bring in a draft of your essay. I will check your materials before you begin.
Suggested outline for this specific 5-paragraph essay
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]