Impact Classification—Environmental Impact Assessment and Economic Impact Assessment
Resources: Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for Geothermal Leasing in the Western United States from the Bureau of Land Management’s website, Ch. 5 & 6 of the text, and this week’s Electronic Reading Reserves
Choose one of the following chapters of the Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for Geothermal Leasing in the Western United States:
· Chapter 11: Tongass National Forest/Anchorage District Leases in Alaska
· Chapter 12: El Centro Field Office Leases in Southern California
· Chapter 13: Modoc National Forest/Surprise Field Office Leases in Northeastern California
· Chapter 14: Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest/Battle Mountain District Leases in Nevada
· Chapter 15: Mount Hood National Forest/Prineville Field Office Leases in Oregon
· Chapter 16: Willamette National Forest/Salem District Leases in Oregon
· Chapter 17: Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest/Spokane District Leases in Washington
Read your chosen chapter and review the Executive Summary of the Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for Geothermal Leasing in the Western United States.
Research the economic and environmental impacts of geothermal energy.
Summarize the environmental and economic impacts of the leases evaluated in your chosen chapter with a 1,050- to 1,750-word report. This report must communicate the environmental and economic impacts of the proposed geothermal leases to local stakeholders and to members of the American public. Identify the community members who will be most affected by each environmental or economic impact. Include the following information in your report:
· Briefly introduce your chosen chapter and the proposed geothermal leases evaluated in this chapter.
· Categorize the environmental impacts of the proposed actions:
o What environmental impacts are significant? What environmental impacts are insignificant?
o What environmental impacts are short-term? What environmental impacts are long-term?
o Is each environmental impact a positive impact or a negative impact? Explain.
· Categorize the economic impacts of the proposed actions:
o What economic impacts are significant? What economic impacts are insignificant?
o What economic impacts are short-term? What economic impacts are long-term?
o Identify whether each economic impact is a positive impact or an adverse impact, and explain.
Write a conclusion that summarizes the economic and environmental impacts of the proposed actions.
Cite at least three peer-reviewed references.
Format your report consistent with APA guidelines.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]