Write a paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) primary challenges facing a police chief in a large city or county sheriff (may be specific to a large city or a large county that has urban, suburban, and rural areas.)
2. Describe three (3) key skills required of a police chief in a large city or county sheriff, explaining why they are important.
3. Explain how ethics, virtue, and character should be reflected in a police chief in a large city or a county sheriff in a large, diverse county.
4. Predict what role ethical decision making will have in the future (next 20 years) of the criminal justice profession and recommend two (2) ways to use ethics to improve decision making.
5. Support your position statement with at least three (3) relevant and credible sources, documented according to the latest edition of APA. (Note: Do not use open source sites such as Ask.com, eHow.com, Answers.com, and Wikipedia.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format (latest edition). Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page developed in accordance with the latest edition of APA, including a running head, page number, the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, revision of the previous assignment, and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Recommend ways to use ethics to improve decision making in the criminal justice system.
• Examine the key elements of virtue and character.
• Analyze leadership skills significant to the criminal justice professional.
• Examine reasons for and effective ways to apply critical ethical thinking to criminal justice issues.
• Discuss the role of ethical decision making for the future of the criminal justice profession.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in ethics and leadership in criminal justice.
• Write clearly and concisely about ethics and leadership in criminal justice using proper writing mechanics.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]